Alec’s Angel nonprofit is dedicated to helping men and women that honorably served in the United States armed forces the opportunity to learn about ways to secure their benefits. It seems that legislation and benefits are constantly changing and it becomes up to the Veteran and his or her family to learn about those benefits and to support legislation that assists Veterans.
Have you, as a Veteran or a supporter of one, ever noticed how difficult it can be to “be in the know”? It seems as if their is a “them” versus “us” feeling when it comes to getting what is available and what is considered public knowledge? Do you get the bad taste in your mouth when it comes to accessing all that you earned?
Alec’s Angel is all about learning when it comes to benefits, and sharing those with a many Veterans that will listen. We will be hosting workshops and conferences that talk about ways that you can get ahead in your Veteran life and how your family can benefit. Our friends at Leaderquest in Las Colinas, Texas have so graciously offered their office to us for Spring 2018.
Before we start this journey, we need to take a survey and would love your feedback:
- What would you like to know in regards to your disability benefits?
- Have you ever considered going back to school and would like to use your GI bill or access schooling using the Hazelwood Act?
- Do you want to know how to impact the lawmakers on Washington, D.C.?
- Are you and your family interested in plugging into a Veteran network and learning more about patriotic activities in your area?
- Do you suffer with PTS (Post Traumatic Stress) and need a safe place to get better (within the VA our outside of the VA)?
- What other questions do you have in regards to your benefits?
We are so proud of you and your service and we can’t wait to serve you. Let us know if you would like to be placed on our mailing list and informed of any future events and gatherings. We will also host online workshops and would love to have you with us. The Veteran community is looking forward to a bright 2018 and Alec’s Angel couldn’t be more excited!